Thursday, July 17, 2014

Delicious & Healthy Breakfast - Toast, Guacamole, and Egg


I love breakfast. So. Much. Today, instead of the usual greens-and-fruits smoothie I whip up with my Nutribullet (aka the best investment I've ever made), I decided to put a little more effort into my breakfast. I thought of this creation the night before and based my recipe off of one that I later found, but added my own flair to it. The recipe below serves one person.

Ingredients:

  • 1 avocado
  • Lemon Juice 
  • 1 tomato (or as much as you prefer)
  • Salt & Pepper 
  • 1 piece of multi-grain bread (or any you prefer)
  • 1 egg
  • Olive Oil
  • 1 basil (optional)

Steps:

  1. Scoop out the inside of the avocado with a spoon and mash it up in a bowl.
  2. Slice the tomato and add it into the bowl along with some lemon juice and salt (to taste). Mix.
  3. Toast your bread (of course, you may do this whenever during the process!).
  4. Heat your pan and add the olive oil, then add your egg (I cooked mine sunny side up because it was prettier, but feel free to make yours however!). Add in salt and pepper on the yolk.
  5. Spread the homemade guacamole on the toast, put the egg over it, then add the basil on top!
This recipe doesn't take a long time and is super simple (especially if you're a mediocre cook like myself). My mom and I thought it was delicious and will definitely be making it a lot more often!

--M

No comments:

Post a Comment